My family are huge fans of the movie Cars, with the release of Cars 3 coming up we had a little party to celebrate, we all sat down, watched the movie, had some snacks and played a game of Cars Monopoly! Earlier this year in March I covered the release of Cars 3 and had a chance to interview the Director, Producer, some of the Animation team, Writers and more, we also drove around the Sonoma Raceway in a real Race Car and had a blast!
Naturally, I was super excited to Celebrate the release of Cars 3 on DVD / Digital and Blu Ray with my family, I feel like I’ve studied Cars 3 inside out, I know how the movies were made, I know the thoughts that went into creating each character and I knew we would have a BLAST!
Prep For Your Party
To have a party, you need the essentials, we love playing party games related to movies and whilst we’re playing it’s fun to have some good stuff to snack on and some Cars 3 party themed essentials to keep it going! I had planned to make cupcakes but those didn’t turn out so well, we ended up making popcorn which is pretty much a movie essential anyway! To stick with the theme the kids had some red punch! Click Here to pick up a Cars 3 Lightning McQueen Birthday Kit!
My kids were so excited to for the Cruz Ramirez Plush and Miss Fritter toy! Miss Fritter is literally the coolest angry school bus ever (Not that there is many of them). The Miss Fritter toy is beautifully detailed and looks just like her, you can pull out the stop sign from the side too!
The Cruz Ramirez Plush is HUGE and big enough for all of your little ones to take turns cuddling and sharing! No kidding, Cars 3 has had some of the coolest toys this year and my kids have loved each and every single one!
If you’ve still to watch Cars 3 then I won’t spoil it for you but I will say that Lightning McQueen has some big changes going on, just like people and athletes, Cars get older and you will see part of that happen in the new Cars 3 movie, some of the new characters like Cruz you will love and some aren’t so nice (Miss Fritter *cough*). You will really feel like you are going on a journey in the new Cars 3 Movie and you’ll just have to watch it to find out more!
Cars 3 will be available on Blu-ray / DVD on November 7th (My Birthday!) but if you can’t wait until then pick up a digital copy on October 24th!
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Must See Bonus Features
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool (Exclusive new mini-movie) – Enjoy blindsided testimonials from the Crazy 8’s, touting the transformative impact Miss Fritter’s Racing School has had in reshaping the direction of their lives
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” – When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box.
- Let’s. Get. Crazy. – Get schooled in the world of demolition derby, the “rules” of figure 8 racing, and how Pixar puts the crazy in the Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 race. This piece is hosted by Lea DeLaria.
- Legendary – a close, historical look at the racing legends Wendell Scott and Louise Smith, whose tenacity and perseverance got them into the race even when they weren’t invited.
- Ready for the Race – Disney Channel’s Olivia Rodrigo and NASCAR Racer William Byron check out the Hendrick Motorsports campus to showcase how real-world race training influenced the filmmakers.
- World’s Fastest Billboard – Blink and you will miss all of the graphics and “car-ified” advertisements created by Pixar’s Art team to make the ”Cars 3” world as believable as possible.
- Cruz Ramirez: The Yellow Car That Could – Join Cristela Alonzo and the filmmakers on their journey to create a race-car trainer turned champion racer.
- Generations: The Story of “Cars 3” – For the story team, creating Lightning McQueen’s next chapter didn’t involve just a tune-up, but a complete overhaul.
- My First Car – A collection of illustrated first-car stories as narrated by members of the “Cars 3” cast and crew. “A Green Car on the Red Carpet with Kerry Washington,” “Old Blue,” and “Still in the Family.”
- 5 Deleted Scenes – Each deleted scene is set up with an introduction as to why it was removed from the film. Deleted scenes include “The Boogie Woogie,” “The Jars of Dirt,” “Lugnut,” “The Bolt,” and “More Than New Paint.”
- Cars To Die(cast) For – Take a look at the phenomenon of die-cast toy collecting and the more than 1,000 unique designs that exist in the Cars universe.
- Commentary – Brian Fee (Director), Kevin Reher (Producer), Andrea Warren (Co-Producer) and Jay Ward (Creative Director)
- And more…
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” & “Commentary”