This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Over the past 3 months I have been participating in an ambassadorship for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. As most of you have learned over the the last couple of posts, we used to be a military family and I have shared some of the struggles, triumphs and great things we went through when my husband was in service.
I have really been enjoying writing about the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as it’s brought back some very fond memories of military life and it’s not something I usually write about, although I would love to write about that sort of stuff more often so whenever I get the chance, I jump at it!
March is “Did you know” month for the for the MetLife TRICARE Dental program and I am going to share a bit more about it after I let you in on a few of my own “Did you know” memories!
In the picture above, to some, this may look like your average happy military dad / son picture, but did you know that this was the first time my husband had seen his son since he was two weeks old? Dylan is 7 months old in his picture and Paul had been in Afghanistan for the last 6 months, it was a tearful and very happy moment that is hard to describe in words, it’s like my husband had never left, both of them had an instant connection as soon as they held each other again! This photo was taken around 3am, but it’s kinda hard to not be excited at homecomings!
Did you know that my son was due on December 17th 2010? Paul got stuck for a few days, he was supposed to be back for the birth about a week beforehand but he showed up on my sons due date. Luckily my son was 2 weeks overdue and I was induced on December 29th, but that’s a story for another time!
During the month of March, MetLife is reiterating the benefits of the TRICARE Dental program.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The MetLife TRICARE Dental program enrollees have access to one of the largest civilian dental networks, over 250,000 dental locations, that is a lot!
- The sponsor’s family is not automatically enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program even though they may have TRICARE medical? Dental coverage requires enrollment and it is done easily on-line at (www.tricare.mil/bwe) or by phone (1-855-638-8371) or by filling out an enrollment form and mailing it to them or faxing (1-855-763-1337).
- Premiums are competitively priced, there are no annual deductibles or co-payments, and there are low or no cost-shares on many dental services including preventive and diagnostic.
- The Tricare Dental program has an Accidental Annual Maximum of $1,200 per beneficiary per plan year that can help your sponsor prepare for that unexpected tooth injury? That’s right, that tooth injury that happens at the park, during a sporting event or in my kids case, falling against a toilet seat, the treatment and services may be covered and this annual maximum is separate from the $1,300 plan annual maximum per beneficiary per plan year.
- The Tricare Dental program will coordinate with another supplemental dental insurance carrier, but it’s always a good idea to compare other plans with the TDP.
There are 4 simple ways to enroll in the MetLife Tricare Dental program
1. Online visit www.tricare.mil/bwe
2. Call 1-855-638-8371 CONUS, 1-855-638-8372 OCONUS, or 1-855-638-8373 TDD/TTY
3. Fax a completed Enrollment Authorization document (found on www.tricare.mil/tdp) to 1-855-763-1337
4. Mail a completed Enrollment Authorization document to MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, P.O. Box 14185 Lexington, KY 40512
For additional program information, visit www.metlife.com/tricare or call the toll-free customer service number at 1-855-638-8371