Does Your Pet Have Stink Face? #Noseblind #Febreze #Stinkface #Giveaway
My dog Buddy is the biggest softy you could ever meet, he is a Golden Retriever and just loves kids and all kinds of people. He also has lots of hair, he sheds a lot, he rolls around in the mud outside and if I were to leave him alone at night with a garbage can he would be all over it!
Golden Retreivers are gorgeous but also very stinky, we bath him every 3 to 4 weeks and for about a day or two afterwards he smells pretty good, but after those good few days are long gone the stinky dog smell comes back, my husband seems to have developed noseblindness because whenever the dog starts to stink again. Whenever we have guests over the last thing I want them to smell is our dog, I want my home to be inviting and not smell like a kennel!
Febreze helps pet owners get guest-ready by safely eliminating odors are noseblind to; Febreze enables you to always be guest ready.
Noseblindness refers to when, over time, you become accustomed to the odors around you. Scientifically speaking, noseblindness is the combination of odor adaptation and odor habituation. While many experience noseblindness in their homes, their guests are still able to identify odors.
Noseblindness occurs naturally over time when a person becomes accustomed to surrounding smells, whether it’s a dog bed or kitty litter box, and can no longer easily detect those distinct odors. With the help of Jane Lynch alongside the ASPCA, Febreze is prompting pet lovers nationwide to talk about what guests really smell.
Noseblindness occurs during two scenarios:
• Odor adaptation is a decrease in ability to sense odors subsequent to initial exposure, and odor habituation. For example, when entering a restaurant, initially the odor of food is often perceived as being strong, but after time the awareness of the odor fades where the smell is not perceptible or the intensity is weaker.
• Odor habituation is when you get used to the odors in your everyday life. You probably don’t notice the odor of your home when you come back from work … but it’s a different story when you return from vacation. Right? That’s odor habituation.
• Fabric Refresher works great to keep fabrics fresh and odor free. Use daily on fabrics that get a lot of high traffic and odors (dog beds, furniture). Start off every day freshening those fabrics.
• Air Effects takes care of the odors in your air. Use it anywhere and anytime pet odors are lingering or when you need a burst of freshness. Great to use in any room, and especially great to store readily available in rooms like the kitchen and bathroom where odors pop up frequently and you quickly want to eliminate them.
• Car Vent Clips freshens your car and eliminate the tough pet odors that tend to hang inside your car. Place onto any air vent in your vehicle, set the intensity dial to begin releasing the level of scent of your choice, and replace every 30 days to constantly freshen and eliminate odors in your car.
*all products listed have met the ASPCA Pet Friendly Living Standard
A 2014 global survey from Atomik Research indicated that 49 percent of Americans say that they dread visiting homes with pets because of the smell.
Febreze has teamed up with actor and comedian Jane Lynch to encourage dialogue about a naturally occurring condition that affects many (if not most) pet owners: noseblindness.
Noseblindness can affect anyone, but it shouldn’t keep people from adopting pets or their guests from coming over.
Share your pets #Stinkface on Instagram for a chance to win a great prize!
Enter the Instagram #Stinkface promotion for a chance to win $400 in prizes!
Click Here for full information on this awesome promotion!
To enter the Instagram promotion you need to:
- Follow @ASPCA and @toastmeetsworld On Instagram
- Share a photo of your smelliest pet stinkface
- Be sure to tag @ASPCA AND @toastmeetsworld AND Use #Febreze, #Noseblind and #Stinkface in your post!
Enter below for a chance to win a fantastic Pet Odor Eliminator prize pack that contains $25 worth of Febreze products, a $100 gift card to Petco and a Universal Smart Phone Camera Lens Kit ($90 Value!).
Disclosure: “This post and giveaway were made possible by Double Duty Divas and Febreze. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.”