Who loves Taco Night? I do! It’s when the whole family can get together, eat, watch movies and just hang out, I love it! I had been looking online for guacamole recipes and they are all pretty much the same so I wanted to add my own because I have been playing around with different ingredients, different textures and different portion sizes, I have finally figured out what works best for us.
Ingredients (Serving Size for 2)
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- Two Roma Tomatoes
- McCormick Chilli Powder (Available at walmart)
- Cut Avocados in Half, scrape out the middle and add to a mixing bowl, mix it up so it’s not too chunky.
- Cut half a red onion, chop it into thin cubes or thin slices, add it to the avocado bowl.
- Finely chop up about 1/3 cup of cilantro and add it to the mixture.
- Add 1/2 Teaspoon of salt.
- Slice a lime in half and squeeze both halves into the mixture.
- Add 1/3 Teaspoon of chili powder to the mixture.
- Mix it all together.
- Dice Roma Tomatoes and use as a garnish.
This is really easy and takes all of 10 minutes to make (or 5 minutes if you are a pro at chopping things up). To get a nice rounded look like in the pictures above, use an ice cream scoop and scoop into two separate bowls, then garnish the top with the tomatoes, let me know your thoughts and any additions you have added! Just double up the recipe items for more people!
Now sit down, chill with the family and turn on your Netflix!
My kids have been loving the new LEGO shows, Lego Bionicle and Lego Friends, Dylan could sit and watch this all night!
So what’s on Netflix this month?
New on Netflix for kids and families