My son has always been a good sleeper but lately he’s been waking up in the middle of the night and complaining that his mattress hurts his back, he also gets allergies and his mattress didn’t help with that. I really didn’t do much research before buying him a big boy mattress, but just recently I’ve been learning about what goes into making a mattress, what some of them are exposed to, the materials that are used to make them, some mattresses use materials and chemicals that I don’t want anywhere near my kids. So, I got in touch with My Green Mattress, all of their products are handcrafted with all-natural, hypoallergenic materials, including organic cotton and natural wool for a deep, healthy sleep, they sent kindly sent over Pure Echo Twin Mattress for us to test out.
When I first opened the mattress and set it up, the first thing I noticed was no chemical scent, you get this with a lot of mattresses so it was nice to not smell anything like that. We laid the mattress out onto his bed and of course I had to lay on it first to test it out.
Here are some of the things I noticed –
- It’s stitched together extremely well and it fits perfectly in a twin size bed.
- The cotton and natural wool that pads it is super soft and nice to touch.
- It’s not hot to lay on, some latex mattresses and memory foam ones can get super hot, this stays at about room temperature.
- It’s not super firm but it is firm enough to have a comfy sleep, I would say it’s about a 6.5 – 7 on the firmness level.
- It has a good spring to it.
- It’s super comfy and when my husband tested it out, he didn’t have any additional back pain after napping on it for a couple of hours.
My son has been sleeping a lot better, he said he loves his new mattress and I can personally tell a difference, he’s a lot less restless at night and doesn’t get too hot or complain of hurting in the morning. The main thing is that he is comfortable and he is sleeping on materials that are safe!
What goes into make the Pure Echo All-Natural Mattress is outstanding –
- It’s Greenguard Gold Certified
- It’s soft with GOTS certified organic cotton a natural wool quilted cover.
- It has an amazing coil spring system that provides lumbar support.
- It has heavyweight organic cotton batting, all natural needle punched cotton insulator pads.
- The wool is all natural and sourced from California and it has no polyester fiber.
- Because the cover is quilted with wool, it acts as a natural flame barrier and the mattress passes flame testing without the se of any dangerous flame chemicals.
- You can choose from a one sided or two sided mattress which will give you the option to flip it!
If there is one thing I have learned when choosing a mattress for a child it’s that you can’t just pick up the cheapest one and be done with it. There are so many chemicals that go into making certain mattresses and so many allergies and skin conditions that can happen just by letting your little one sleep on the wrong mattress.
My Green Mattress has been amazing for my son has been sleeping better than ever, he also likes to jump on his bed which I wouldn’t recommend but it certainly has a good spring to it and I feel at ease now knowing that he is sleeping on something so natural with so much thought put into it.
My Green Mattress also comes with a 10 Year Warranty and a 100 Night Comfort Guarantee!
Click Here to see what My Green Mattress has to offer!
Do you want a chance to win the amazing Pure Echo Twin mattress? Enter below, giveaway open to US residents aged 18+, prize will be shipped directly from My Green Mattress. Good Luck!!!