“This review was made possible by iConnect and Pampers. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.”
In the last 5 years I have had 3 kids, yes 3, sometimes I can’t believe it, life has gotten a bit crazy as of late! My first was born when my husband was in the military, he was deployed to Afghanistan pretty much through my whole pregnancy. The nurses on post were lovely, especially my midwife, she always encouraged me to stay strong even though my husband wasn’t there, she helped out with any health scares or concerns I had at the time and without a good nurse, pregnancy would have been a much different experience, luckily my husband was home for the birth for around 30 days!
When my second and third were born, I had a C Section, not because of health reasons, just because I decided on it and it worked out great. The nurses at the hospital were so helpful they came in, fluffed my pillows, gave me pain meds every few hours and helped me get out of bed and walk around just a few hours after surgery.
They also took care of my babies at night time so I could sleep and recover, which was needed badly! After a couple of days I was healthy enough to go home and as weird a this sounds, I felt bad leaving the hospital, the nurses took care of us so good I could have stayed another few days!
I am super thankful for the work that nurses do, the way they treat patients and the long hours they work!
We all now have a way to thank our favorite nurses, the nurses who have helped us through birth, pregnancies, deployments, health problems and everything else!
Pampers is launching the Thank You Nurses Awards program that will be honoring nurses across three award categories:
- Labor & Delivery
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Do you have a favorite nurse? Pampers is inviting parents to share their stories of nurses who helped make life #betterforbaby by submitting a nurse nomination to the Pampers Swaddlers Thank You Nurses Awards at www.tongal.com/pampersnurses. Nurse nominations can be submitted between November 9th and December 14th.
- Three finalists, one in each category (Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Postpartum), will be announced in March and the grand prize honoree will be announced in May.
- The three finalists will be honored with short documentary videos showcasing their unique and inspirational nursing stories.
- Each of the three finalists will receive a one-year membership to the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), attendance at the 2016 AWHONN Convention, Procter & Gamble care packages, and more. For full details on the prizes Click Here!
In honor of the winning nurses, three Pampers Swaddlers scholarships will be made available to help nurses from underrepresented groups complete their studies toward a Master of Science in Nursing degree!
- See details and official rules at spr.ly/6181BPvMF.
- Winner must be a resident of the US or Puerto Rico, 18 years or older.
- Nomination period ends 12/14/15 at 3PM EST.
The Pampers #ThankYouNurses Twitter Party, hosted by iConnect will take place on November 19 from 8-9pmCST. Prizes will include:
Prize 1: $50 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Prize 2: $75 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Prize 3: $125 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Grand Prize: $350 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
RSVP: diapers and wipes
Enter to win a $100 American Express Gift Card and a pack of Pampers Diapers! Help spread the word about this amazing campaign and don’t forget to nominate your favorite nurse (not required). Giveaway is open to US residents, enter below!