This sponsored post is a part of the campaign “Protecting America’s Eyes” by Reticare in order to inform U.S. citizens about the importance of eye protection from device screens. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.
Being a blogger and web designer means I spend a lot of time on my computer and that can sometimes cause a strain on my eyes.
I also wear contact lenses so that makes it even more of a strain at times especially when I work late at night and my eyes start to get tired. On average, I probably spend about 40 hours or more per week staring at my laptop screen.
Let’s be honest, we all stare at the screen too much and when you have a heavy work load sometimes there just is another option when the majority of your work is based online so you pretty much have no choice but to work in your computer.
My son and daughter also watch quite a bit of Tv and I also have a few educational products for my daughter on a tablet, I try not to let her spend too long on it but sometimes she really gets into what she is doing and can spend quite a bit of time on it.
My son loves to play video games, usually on a phone, tablet or games console and that makes me worry about his eyes, staring at a screen for too long no matter what you are doing just isn’t good for your eyes.
I have also noticed that more schools are using computers as a learning device which means when my kid goes to school he is also on a computer some of the time, the way the world is evolving computers, tablets and phones are being used even more and becoming more advanced every day, this is why it is extremely important that you protect your eyes.
Reticare has some great products and they are devoted to helping you protect your eyes from High Energy Light! Did you know that:
- 65% of Americans report experiencing symptoms of digital eye-strain, which include: neck/shoulder/back pain, eye strain, headache, blurred vision, and dry eyes.
- The Vision Council’s 2016 Digital Eye Strain Report found that nearly 60% of Americans use digital devices for five hours or more each day, and 70% of Americans use two or more devices at a time.
- Exposure to high-energy light can lead to sleep disorders, computer vision syndrome, and a decrease in macular thickness, which can regress to macular degeneration and children have a much higher risk of damaging their eyes, your natural eye lens development doesn’t fully grow until around the age of 25.
Reticare has great eye protector screens for tablets, computers and more. They also sell glasses which have worked great for my family whilst we work on the laptop and look at phones and tablet screens. The glasses are also really modern so they won’t look out of place in a school or work environment!
Reticare’s eye protector screens naturally absorb high-energy light and provides different levels of protection based on the users age and amount of time spend in front of the screen.
They protect our eyes from 3 risks:
- Sleep disorders
- Computer Vision Syndrome with symptoms such as red eyes, blurry eyes, irritated eyes and headaches
- Retina damage which is the most important risk. Retina damage can onset Glaucoma, Cataracts and Macular Degeneration which can lead to blindness. Once the retina cells die from being overexposed to high energy light, they don’t recover. So we must protect our eyes with Reticare to keep our eyes healthy.
Reticare has over 14 years of research and backed by scientific data! It’s so important to protect your eyes!