This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
When my husband was in the military, most dental options were super pricey and I didn’t know about MetLife TRICARE Dental for the first year my husband was stationed. When I found out about the great payment options and services they offered we signed our family up immediately, at that point we only had ourselves to think about so it was a great option, even just for the two of us.
With the start of the new year, it’s time to think about finances and changes to payment plans, things normally get changed up every once in a while and it’s great to stay on top of these things especially when it comes to car insurance, dental services etc.
The first thing we usually do after the New Year is sort out our finances, plan how much we need to save and add up payments that will need to be made, it keeps us on top of things and leaves no surprises down the road.
When my husband got out the Army, I was pretty sad at having to leave TRICARE, they schedule regular cleanings and check ups and always keep you up to date with what needs done to your teeth. The staff are friendly, professional and at the place we were stationed we had great service from them, they actually made me feel at ease when I went to get check ups and needed anything done to my teeth.
With that being said, the family plan would have been amazing for us now, having 3 kids is expensive and MetLife TRICARE would have made it very affordable for our whole family to get regular check ups, cleanings and treatment.
There are a few changes to MetLife TRICARE Dental monthly premiums to be aware of that will be effective February 1, 2016, take a look at the chart below for more information!
The MetLife TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) premiums vary based upon sponsor’s military status (Active Duty, Selected Reserve (SELRES) or Individual Ready Reserve (IRR)) and type of enrollment.
- Sponsor only
- Single enrollment – one family member, not sponsor
- Family enrollment – more than one family member, not sponsor
- Sponsor and family
Effective Date of Coverage
If initial payment is received by the 20th of the month, coverage will be processed for the first day of the month following the date of receipt. If the initial premiums payment is received after the 20th of the month, coverage will be processed for the first day of the second month after receipt of the documents.
- Your sponsor is required to submit their first monthly premium payment upon initial enrollment:
- If they enroll over the phone or online, they can pay the first premium payment with a credit card.
- If they enroll through the mail, they can pay with a check or money order. Please include your sponsor’s Social Security number or DoD Benefits Number in the memo area.
There are four easy ways to enroll!
1. Online visit www.tricare.mil/bwe
2. Call 1-855-638-8371 CONUS, 1-855-638-8372 OCONUS, or 1-855-638-8373 TDD/TTY
3. Fax a completed Enrollment Authorization document (found onwww.tricare.mil/tdp) to 1-855-763-1337
4. Mail a completed Enrollment Authorization document to MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, P.O. Box 14185 Lexington, KY 40512
For additional program information, visit www.metlife.com/tricare or call the toll-free customer service number at 1-855-638-8371