A woman is beautiful at any age. And, the so-called signs of aging are actually symbols of the challenges she has successfully overcome all through her life. Look closely and every line adds character to her appearance and signifies the career milestones she achieved, the sleepless nights she spent beside a sick child, and the compromises and sacrifices she made for the people she loved.
However, Sometimes, these Signs of Aging Appear Before Time
As Medical News explains, several factors can cause the premature appearance of lines and wrinkles. Of course, the first lines are a result of facial expressions. As long as you’re young, the layer of collagen and elastin below the skin simply erases the lines as they form. But, as you grow older, this layer may weaken and become ineffective in supporting the skin creases. Here are some various other factors that can cause the signs of aging.
- Spending too much time in the sun can result in the harsh UV rays damaging the delicate supportive layer below the skin. The rays break the fibers of collagen and elastin causing the skin to lose its flexibility. For this reason, you might want to rethink those sessions in the tanning booths. And, make sure to shield your skin with adequate sun protection.
- Smoking can restrict the supply of blood to the skin. In the absence of nutrients and fresh oxygen, the skin starts to look dull and tired. Here’s another factor. A good blood supply also works to carry away the toxins that build up in the skin so that it regains its lost glow. If you smoke, think about the effects on your skin.
- Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on your body and skin. And, dry skin is susceptible to wrinkling. Restrict the number of drinks you have and do your skin a favor.
- Stress is a major factor that can lead to the appearance of signs of aging. Anxiety not only creates creases on your forehead, but it sets off a chain of events in your body such as lack of sleep, digestive issues, and poor blood circulation, all of which ultimately affect your skin. Adopt the stress-busting techniques that work for you including meditation, yoga, deep breathing, exercising, mindfulness or any other.
If you feel your skin needs something more to reverse the effects of the sun, and environmental and lifestyle factors, considering getting Ultherapy.
Ultherapy Is the Perfect Remedy for Your Signs of Aging
You’ve probably heard about how ultrasound is used in medical diagnostic procedures such as sonographies. The FDA has now approved the use of low-intensity ultrasonic waves for reversing the signs of aging. An absolutely safe procedure, you will be surprised to know that more than 250,000 treatments have been successfully performed all over the world. During the procedure, sound waves are directed into the skin that reach the layer of collagen and elastin under the skin. Here, they gently stimulate the regeneration of the cells and fibers.
While you’re likely to notice some amount of improvement right away, the real effects gradually appear over a period of 2 to 3 months. Users are amazed to see the improvement in the texture of their skins with the lines, wrinkles, creases, and folds of skin lightening and vanishing.
The Procedure is Simple and Does Not Need Precautions
Should you choose to sign up for the Ultherapy treatment, you won’t need to take any special precautions before coming in for a session. The expert aesthetician performing the procedure on you will likely apply a cooling gel on your skin to prepare it. Next, she’ll use a wand, gently moving it over the lines and wrinkles. Each session takes around 30 to 90 minutes depending on the area being treated. There’s no downtime involved and you can go back to your regular activities right after. Go ahead and wash and tone your skin as before. In fact, you’ll need to keep it clean as it regenerates from the treatment.
Ultherapy is Non-Invasive and Painless
Ultherapy is a painless procedure performed on the surface of the skin so you don’t need to worry about scarring. All you’ll feel is a slight tingling of the skin as the sound waves penetrate the top layers into depths of about 5 millimeters. You can rest assured that there are no side-effects since the aesthetician carefully monitors the level at which the sound waves reach. The utmost precision with which she works ensures complete safety and effectiveness.
You May Experience a Few After Effects
Many users have talked about how the skin seems pink and flushed afterward. You might also feel that the area is tender and numb to the touch or that there is some amount of swelling. These after effects typically last for a few hours to a couple of days depending on the healing abilities of your skin.
You Can Request for the Treatment on Several Problem Areas
Ultherapy can be used on several problem areas such as:
- Forehead and between the eyebrows
- Crows’ feet on the corner of the eyes
- Nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth
- Under the chin to target a double chin
- Folds on the neck
- Crease in the décolletage
- Corners of the mouth
Signs of aging are a normal process of life and they only work to enhance a woman’s beauty. But, if you would like to reverse the premature lines and wrinkles that appear, you can consider getting Ultherapy. It’s safe and can give you the results you’re looking for without the need for invasive measures.
Stay beautiful! With the power of sound!